Stec et al. describe a novel transcriptional priming mechanism where BLMP-1, a highly conserved ZnF transcription factor, decompacts chromatin at specific target loci hours prior to gene expression. This mechanism regulates the transcriptional output of many key genes that control cell fate specification during post-embryonic development.
- oscillatory transcription
- pioneer transcription factor
- temporal patterning
- transcriptional activation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all)
- Agricultural and Biological Sciences(all)