In this work, a fast identification of Iddq failures using spectroscopic photon emission microscopy (SPEMMI) is proposed. The spectra obtained from failure sites on the Iddq failed chips were compared with the ones of known defective components. Four distinguishable spectra categories were identified. They were attributed to gate oxide breakdown, metal shorts, blackbody radiation, and ESD caused junction spiking. The focused ion beam (FIB) technique was used to look at the damage sites for confirmation of the SPEMMI results.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering