Compact parallel transmitters and receivers with an aggregate capacity of 107 Gb/s are built through hybrid integration of arrays of ten 100-GHz spaced directly modulated lasers, arrays of ten avalanche photodiodes, and high-index contrast silica arrayed waveguide grating multi- and demultiplexers. Unamplified transmission over 75 km of standard single-mode fiber and 155-km amplified links is demonstrated in the C-band, by using a modulation format based on spectral offset filtering and electronic dispersion compensation.
- Hybrid photonic integration
- optical communication systems
- optical transmitters and receivers
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering