An InGaN-GaN thin-film vertical-type light-emitting diode with a two-dimensional photonic crystal (PC) on the emitting surface and a TiO 2-SiO2 omnidirectional reflector on the bottom was fabricated. The device was investigated b- performing a series of experiments and numerical computations. Electroluminescence measurement revealed a strong extraction enhancement in the vertical direction at 433-nm wavelength. The emission spectrum of the light was found to be strongl- modified b- the PC to have a significantl- narrow linewidth of 5 nm. Our experimental results were in accord with those obtained from our numerical findings.
- Light-emitting diode (LED)
- Omnidirectional reflector(ODR)
- Photonic crystal (PC)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering