A simple, cost effective, and highly sensitive spectroscopic technique for photon emission microscopy is proposed (SPEMMI). In contrast to earlier reported systems, this new system uses only one detector for both conventional failure localisation and spectral analysis. To demonstrate the functionality of the SPEMMI, emission spectra from forward and reversed biased diodes, and from a poly-Si resistor are presented. In addition, it is shown that the instrument allows fast determination, with μm resolution, of the temperature profile of devices.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering