Protein transfer from isoelectric focusing gels: The native blot

Michael P. Reinhart, Daniel Malamud

    Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review


    The nonelectrophoretic transfer of proteins from thin (0.5 mm) isoelectric focusing gels to nitrocellulose was complete in 1 h. Blotting was bidirectional with 60% of the protein transferred to the top blot and the remaining 40% to the bottom blot. The use of nondenaturing transfer buffers permits proteins to be blotted in the native state. Immunological determinants are preserved and enzyme activity can be detected on the blots.

    Original languageEnglish (US)
    Pages (from-to)229-235
    Number of pages7
    JournalAnalytical Biochemistry
    Issue number2
    StatePublished - Jul 1 1982

    ASJC Scopus subject areas

    • Biophysics
    • Biochemistry
    • Molecular Biology
    • Cell Biology


    Dive into the research topics of 'Protein transfer from isoelectric focusing gels: The native blot'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

    Cite this