This research report describes an anthropological study of the social impact and cultural meaning of prenatal diagnosis in New York City. Research parameters, findings and suggestions for designing future prenatal testing services are outlined. The ethnocultural and socioeconomic diversity of those whose lives are touched by prenatal genetic testing is stressed.
- prenatal testing
- sociocultural differences
- socioeconomic differences
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Obstetrics and Gynecology